We hope you are all going well with your tutoring, and with the recent transition to using My Lessons. As promised, we are starting to roll out our new invoicing system next month called My Invoices :)
Some of the goals of the new invoicing system are to:
- Link lesson completion in My Lessons to an invoice, so that tutors no longer need to manually input their worked hours. This should reduce the amount of time spent on submitting your monthly invoice and reduce mistakes.
- Allow tutors to see a complete history of their previous invoices in one place, and track their LearnEd invoice payments.
Summary of the invoicing system change (including important dates!):
The new system is coming into action starting from July 2021. This means you still need to submit your June 2021 invoice at the start of next month via the old system.
In other words - all lessons completed after 1st of July 2021 will need to be submitted via My Invoices. All lessons completed in the month of June 2021 and earlier will need to be submitted via the old invoicing system.
How to use My Invoices and how it works:
All information about this can be found in the My Invoices Guide. However, as a brief summary - whenever a lesson is completed in My Lessons (i.e a lesson report is submitted, or the lesson report is marked as "not applicable"), it is automatically added to an invoice in My Invoices. Then, at the end of the month you just need to read over the included lessons, confirm that the hours and amount add up correctly, and hit submit on the form in My Invoices.
Other important changes to My Lessons:
1. New Tabs and Organisation: My Lessons will now include multiple different tabs, in an effort to make it more organised and easy to use. There are some new tabs for Upcoming Lessons versus Completed Lessons, access to My Invoices via a tab, and a new tab called My Students.
The My Students tab will allow you to see and manage all of your active weekly student assignments. Some of the information from My Lessons and the other Lesson tabs will be moved into the My Students tab (such as client/student details and contact information, and the "Update Weekly Times" button), so that the My Lessons pages are less busy!
Please note that to view the full client details, you may need to click on the 'expand' button on the left of the row in the My Students tab.
2. Password Protection: My Lessons and My Invoices will be password-protected (previously public pages). While this data was still locked behind your unique Tutor IDs, we have decided that it will be better if only tutors could view these pages at all. Therefore, you may need to log in to the Tutor Portal before you can see your My Lessons and My Invoices pages after this change comes into effect.
This update may cause some temporary issues for you when the change first occurs, which should be resolved if you clear your browser cookies, cache and/or history, and then login to the Tutor Portal from scratch. If you continue to experience issues, please let us know.
3. Lesson Reports: There may be some changes around our Lesson Report policies coming up soon. Keep an eye on your emails for any updates on this topic. For now, please continue to submit your lesson reports during the end of your lesson together with the student, and ensure they are being submitted on the day of the lesson. We will be resuming sending out upcoming lesson reminders and incomplete lesson report reminders via email from the start of July.
As always, if you have any feedback, suggestions or need help, please reach out! We would love to hear from you and would love to continue to tailor My Lessons to make your tutoring experiences smooth and easy!
Thank you for all of your help and involvement with the updates thus far :)
Have a great day and happy tutoring!